The website has become even bigger and better! Go2War2.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the section Articles is available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Party program of the N.S.D.A.P.
Programme of the Nationalsocialist German Workers Party
The programme of the German Workers Party is a time schedule. The leaders decline to formulate new goals when those mentioned in the programm have been achieved, only in order to enable the continuing existence of the Party by artificially increased unrest of the masses.
- 1 We demand the unification of all Germans within one Greater Germany based on the right of self-determination of the nations.
- 2 We demand equal rights for the German population in its negotiations with other nations and abolition of the peace treaties of Versailles and St. Germain.
- 3 We demand land in order to nourish our people and living space for our surplus population.
- 4 Only those belonging to the co-nationals can become nationals. Only people of German descent can belong to the co-nationals, regardless of belief. Hence, Jews cannot belong to the nation.
- 5 He who is not a national shall only be able to live in Germany as a guest and shall be subjected to foreign legislation
- 6 The right to decide about leadership and legislation of the State shall be reserved exclusively for nationals. Therefore we demand only nationals shall be appointed in all official functions of whatever kind in public authority as well as in the federal States and all local authorities. We resist the corrupt habit of parliament to appoint officials for party interests only, without taking into account character or abilities.
- 7 We demand that the State shall consider stimulating industries and raising the standard of living of the population its primary task. If it is not possible to feed the entire population of the State, foreigners (non nationals) shall have to leave the country.
- 8 All immigration of non-Germans shall be impeded. We demand that all non-Germans who have entererd the country as of August 2nd, 1914, shall be forced to leave the country immediately.
- 9 All nationals shall enjoy equal rights and duties.
- 10 It shall be the first task of each national to committ himself in body and soul to his work. The activities of the individual shall not be opposed to the public interest but shall be beneficial to general well being within the community. Therefore we demand:
- 11 Abolition of income, not generated by labor, abolition of the tyrannical power of the stock exchanges over the State and the economy.
- 12 Concerning the enormous sacrifices in lives and properties, inherent to any war, personal enrichment shall be considered a crime against the State. We demand therefore expropiation of all profits of war without respect for persons.
- 13 We demand nationalisation of all enterprises.
- 14 We demand sharing of profits in all major industries.
- 15 We demand large scale expansion of provisions for the elderly.
- 16 We demand the creation and maintenance of a healthy middle class, the immediate take over of all big department stores by the State, renting thereof for low prices to retailers and furthermore that all suppliers to the State, the districts and the local authorities be handled with the greatest consideration.
- 17 We demand a land reform geared to our national needs, introduction of a law on permanent expropiation of land for general use, abolition of land tax and prevention of speculation with land.
- 18 We demand ruthless persecution of those who damage our mutual interests by their actions. Despicable criminals against the nation, usurers, profiteers and such shall be punished by death, regardless of race or religion.
- 19 We demand replacing the Roman juridical system, which serves the materialistic view on the world, by a common German juridical system.
- 20 In order to enable each capable and industrious German to attend higher education and thus make a career, the State shall see to an extensive reform of the nation education systems. The curriculum in all schools shall be adapted to the needs of daily life. Statecraft to the benefit of the society shall be a compulsary subject in schools. Children from poor families must be able to follow education at the expense of the State.
- 21 The State shall raise the health level of the nation by protecting mothers and children, by prohibiting child’s labor, by raising physical endurance by compulsory gymnastics and sports and extensive support of associations dedicated to the physical development of youth.
- 22 We demand the abolishing of mercenaries and the foundation of a People’s Army.
- 23 We demand legal prosecution of conscious political lies and the spreading thereof by the press. In order to facilitate the estalishment of a national German press, we demand:
a. all publishers of papers and their fellow workers using the German language be of German nationality,
b. publication of non-German papers be exclusively permitted by the State. They may not be printed in the German language,
c. non-Germans be forbidden by law to participate financially in or exert influence on German papers and in case of violation be punished by closing down of such a publishing firm and immediate expulsion from the State of its personnel. Publication of papers detrimental to the national well being be prohibited. We demand legal prosecution of all forms art and literature with a detrimental influence on our national life and the closing down of such institutions violating these rules.
- 24 We demand freedom of religion within the State as long as it does not endanger the State or offend the morality of the Germanic race. The party as such represents a positive Chrtstianity but shall not be bound to any religion. She fights the Jewish-materialistic spirit inside and outside of us and is convinced that continuous curing of our population can only be achieved from within based on the principle: communal interest over private interest.
- 25 In order to achieve everything mentioned above, we demand the establishment of a strong, central government; unlimited authority of the central political parliament in the entire State and its organisations in general, the establishemnt of chambers of ranks and professions aimed at enforcement of public laws, issued by the government in the various federal states. The party leaders swear not to make compromises and if necessary, sacrifice their lives in achieving the points mentioned above.
Munich, February 24th, 1920.
- Greater Germany
- “Grossdeutschland”. A Germany with boundaries enclosing all German speaking people. Aim of the Nazis.
- Middle Eastern people with own religion that lived in Palestine. They distinguished themselves by their strong monotheism and the strict observance of the Law and tradition. During World War 2 the Jewish people were ruthlessly persecuted and annihilated by the German Nazis. . An estimated 6,000,000 Jews were exterminated.
This article has been reproduced with permission from