The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- April 24th, 1911 (Gütersloh/Westphalia, Germany)
- Date of death:
- May 25th, 1995 (Gütersloh/Northrhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- SS-Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant-colonel)
- Führer, SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 49 De Ruyter, 23.SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division "Nederland" (niederl. Nr.1), Waffen-SS
- Awarded on:
- May 9th, 1945
The recommendation was made on February 26th, 1945 and arrived at the OKH/PA/P5 on April 23rd, 1945. The recommendation was supported by Generalleutnant, Kommandierender General III.(germanisches) SS-Panzerkorps on March 19th, 1945, without comments of OB 11.Armee, HGr Weichsel and Reichsführer SS ; official HPA proposal (HPA-VV) prepared without Nr. ; Karteikarte existing ; both without further handling or hints to an award. Definitive confirmation of awarding is not known. Case treated by OdR Ordenskommission in 1974 and decided : "ja 872.EL" ; award accepted by OdR in accordance with so-called "Dönitz-Erlass"; 872nd award and award date determined by OdR.
- Photo 1: Dobri Dobrev
- Photo: Dobri Dobrev
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Awardholders / unit