The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- February 12th, 1890 (Vilsen/Hannover, Germany)
- Date of death:
- April 20th, 1952 (Bruchhausen/Lowersaxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Otto Tiemann finally reached the rank of General der Pioniere.
During the First World War he received the Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse (October 5th, 1914), the Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse (October 30th, 1915), Beierisches Militär Verdienstorden IV.Klasse mit Schwerten (July 7th, 1917) and the Verwundeten im Schwarz (July 11th, 1918).
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Awarded on:
- August 4th, 1944
In the fighting in recent days at the Narva front, has an army corps under the command of General of the Pioneers Tiemann and the 21st East Prussian Infantry Division under Lieutenant General Foertsch particularly distinguished themselves.
- Photo 1: Publiek Domein
- Photo: Public domain
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945