The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- June 20th, 1914 (Dortmund, Germany)
- Date of death:
- January 6th, 1966 (Dordmund, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
On 18 December, 1944 Brandi became Fregattenkapitän. In January 1945 Fregkpt. Brandi became the Chief of the Marinekleinkampfverbände Holland (the unit comprised of small U-boats such as the Biber and the Seehund). Brandi was captured at 8 mei 1945 (IJmuiden) and was released from Canadian captivity in September 1945.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Korvettenkapitän (Lieutenant Commander)
- U-967, 29.Unterseebootsflottille, Kriegsmarine
- Awarded on:
- November 24th, 1944
KrvKpt. Brandi became the Chief of U-boats operating in the eastern Baltic Sea. On 24 November, 1944 Brandi received the Diamonds to his Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords (awarded for his accomplishments as U-boat commander). He was the second of only two Kriegsmarine officers to receive that award.
- Photo: Wilco Vermeer, Colour photo pop-up: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001
- Deutsche MArine Soldaten
- Das Ritterkreuz.de
- U-boot net
- Die U-617 Seite