The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- May 6th, 1920 (Überlingen/Bodensee, Germany)
- Date of death:
- September 29th, 1943 (IJsselmeer, the Netherlands)
- Buried on:
- German War Cemetery Ysselsteyn
Plot: M. Row: 4. Grave: 83.
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
August Geiger shot down his first enemy plane in the night of July 8th/9th, 1941.
Died in his Messerschmitt Bf 109G-4 in a crash in the IJsselmeer after being shot down by Wing Commander Bob Braham, flying a Bristol Beaufighter IVF..
August Geiger was buried on the Ehrenfriedhof Zijpendaal in Schaarsbergen and was later reburied on Ysselstein.
He was credited for shooting down at least 53 enemy planes.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo 1: Wilco Vermeer
- Photo 2: Jeroen Koppes
- Photo: Wilco Vermeer
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Willem Tiemans
- Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V.