The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- January 5th, 1901 (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Date of death:
- December 8th, 1980 (Murrhardt, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
Awarded while in command of the 6. Fallschirmjäger-Division, specifically for preventing a breakthrough by the Canadian 5th Armoured Division to the Afsluitdijk through the heroic resistance of himself and his men.
Awarding according to Dönitz Erlass. Unnumbered awarding, would have been the 867th Award.
- Photo 1: Stephane Kayser
- Photo: Stephane Kayser
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1998.