The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Bachor, Wilhelm "Willi"
- Date of birth:
- May 4th, 1921 (Kelbassen/Easternprussia, Germany)
- Date of death:
- March 20th, 2008 (Apolda/Thuringia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Although the request for the award of the Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes was supposed to have been placed in time, it was not received by the Heerespersonalamt (HPA) before 8th May 1945 and this has not been a formal Ritterkreuz awarding during the Second World War. Within the Bundesarchiv it is only known that a written request from the Divisionskommandeur of 24.Panzer-Division to award the requested decoration was made. Any formal awarding is not known. The awarding was recognized in 1982 by the Ordensgemeinschaft der Ritterkreuzträger. This formally is an unlawfull awarding.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher
- Photo: Willi Schumacher collection
- - FEDERL, CH., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Panzerdivisionen 1939-1945, VDM Heinz Nickel, Zweibrücken, 2000.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Ritterkreuz Archiv II/2009, Veit Scherzer, Ranis, Juni 2009, ISSN 1866-4709
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945