The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Barth, Karl (Lw-Küstenfliegergruppe)
- Date of birth:
- December 29th, 1914 (Lengenfeld/Saxony, Germany)
- Date of death:
- November 9th, 1942 (Mediterranean)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
26-09-1934 – Seekadett
01-10-1934 – Obermatrose
01-01-1935 – Oberstabmatrose
01-07-1935 – Fähnrich zur See
01-01-1937 – Oberfähnrich zur See
01-04-1937 – Leutnant zur See
01-04-1939 – Oberleutnant zur See
01-09-1941 – Kapitänleutnant
01-02-1942 – Hauptmann (Luftwaffe)
Karl Barth was killed over the Mediterranean on November 9th, 1942. At that moment he was Staffelkapitän 6. Kampfgeschwader 26 with the rank of Hauptmann.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Awarded on:
- November 8th, 1940
With the sinking of a 6.000 BRT cargo ship at the Scottish East coast, has seaplane pilot
Oberleutnant zur See Karl Barth sunk a total of 30.000 BRT of enemy ships.
- - DÖRR, MANFRED, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehmacht 1939–1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück, 1995.
- FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.