The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- November 5th, 1915 (Mariadorf/Rhineprovince, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 29th, 1984 (Alsdorf-Mariadorf/Northrhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Unteroffizier (Corporal)
- Festungs-Pak-Kompanie 13, Heer
- Awarded on:
- April 28th, 1945
Has on February 24th, 1945 held his strongpoint on the road from Goch to Weeze, although the infantry retreated. Supposed to have destoryed 17 to 21 tanks with his 8.8 PAK and thus prevented the breakthrough near Weeze.
According to note from Chef HPA/A of April 27th, 1945, recommended on March 13th, 1945 and conferred. Supposed to have been awarded on April 28th, 1945. No further verification available.