The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- August 22nd, 1896 (Kiel/Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)
- Date of death:
- March 8th, 1944 (Rovnoye/Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
On March 8th, 1944, Oberst Büsing was fatally injured by enemy artillery fire near Losovatka. He died the same day from his injuries in the medical clearing station at Rovnoye, Soviet Union. He was promoted pothumous to the rank of Generalmajor from March 1st onwards.
January 27th, 1915: Fähnrich;
March 4th, 1915: Leutnant;
August 12th, 1919: Charakter als Oberleutnant;
September 1st, 1934: Rittmeister (64);
January 1st, 1939: Major (26);
March 1st, 1941: Oberstleutnant (24);
December 1st, 1942: Oberst (52a);
March 1st, 1944: Generalmajor.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Awarded on:
- May 15th, 1940
According to the Karteikarte the Spange EK 1 was awarded on the 13-5-1940.
- Photo 1: Gareth Collins
- Photo: Gareth Collins via Axis Biographical Research
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- Scheibert, Horst. Die Träger der Ehrenblattspange des Heeres und der Waffen-SS/ Die Träger der Ehrentaffelspange der Kriegsmarine/ Die Inhaber des Ehrenpokals für Besondere Leistung im Lukftkrieg. Friedberg, Ger.: Podzun-Pallas Verlag, 1986, ISBN 3-7909-0283-7
- Axis History Forum via Awardholders / unit
- NARA Roll T-78 R884
- Federl, C., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Panzerdivisionen 1939-1945, VDM Heinz Nickel, Zweibrücken, Germany, 2000
- Spaeter, H., The History of the Panzerkorps Großdeutschland (vol.2), J.J. Fedorowicz Publishing Inc., Winnipeg, Canada, 1995