The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- October 15th, 1914 (Meseritz/Posen, Germany)
- Date of death:
- October 31st, 2003 (Landshut/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
During the Second World War, Günter Chrzonsz finally reached the rank of Leutnant. After the Second World War he changed his name to Günter Carsten and served between 2nd May 1960 and 31st March 1967 in the Bundeswehr, finally reaching the rank of Hauptmann.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Zugführer 2. / Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 277 / 9.Infanterie-Division / 1.Panzerarmee
- Awarded on:
- November 12th, 1943
Received for actions at a bridgehead at Nikopol on the eastern bank of the Djneiper where he destroyed 17 Soviet tanks, preventing a Soviet break through.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher
- Photo: Willi Schumacher collection
- - Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945