The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Armitage, Robert Selby
- Date of birth:
- March 28th, 1910 (Birling, Kent, Great Britain)
- Date of death:
- June 1st, 1982 (Nettlebed, Oxfordshire, Great Britain)
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Temporary Lieutenant
- Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve
Received his award for dismantling an unexploded bomb in Orpington, Kent in Great Britain at 9 October 1940.
Date of Gazette 27 December 1940.
Later promoted to the rank of Lieutenant-Commander.
Commanded a coaster at the evacuation at Dunkirk.
Robert Armitage's medal group is on display in the Victoria Cross & George Cross Gallery in the Imperial War Museum in London, Great Britain.
- Photo: George Cross Database
- - Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 35025 published on the 27 December 1940
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36379 published on the 11 February 1944