The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- March 19th, 1919 (Berlin/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- March 12th, 2011 (Eitorf/Northrhine-Westernphalia, Germany)
Frenzel was one of the pilots that operated in captured Vickers Wellington bombers. On an operetaion he landed his plane on an airfield in Belgian-Congo, tanked his plane, took off again and bombarded the airfield he had just landed. When he was taken prisoner, the British sentenced him to death, but he managed to escape with a stolen plane on the same day as his conviction.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Awarded on:
- June 19th, 1942
Published in the Ehrenliste der Deutschen Luftwaffe on June 22nd, 1942.
- Photo 1: Andrew Straube
- Photo: Andrew Straube via www.Death-Cards.com
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Ritterkreuz Archiv II/2010, Veit Scherzer, Ranis, Juni 2010, ISSN 1866-4709
- Die träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eiserne Kreuz 1939 - 1945