Dauner, Nikolaus "Klaus"
- Date of birth:
- March 3rd, 1902 (Baumgarten/Bavaria, Germany)
- Date of death:
- December 20th, 1966 (Garmisch-Partenkirchen/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
November 1st, 1943: Oberst (RDA: -32-).
August 26th, 1939: Chef, 2. Kompanie, Gebirgsjäger-Feldersatz-Bataillon 54;
December 2nd, 1939: Leiter OA Lehrgang 1. Gebirgs-Division;
February 16th, 1940: Chef, II. Bataillon, Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 98;
January 16th, 1941: Kommandeur, II. Bataillon, Gebirgjäger-Regiment 99;
March 5th, 1943: Führer, Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 99;
April 5th, 1943: Führer, Jäger-Regiment 737;
November 1st, 1943: Kommandeur, Jäger-Regiment 737.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst (Colonel)
- Kommandeur, Jäger-Regiment 737, 117. Jäger-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- November 16th, 1944
Awarded for distinguishing with his Regiment during the course of operations at Kragujevac (in the Balkans). This location had a large number of depots and train cars containing materiel that was of major importance to the German army. Dauner and his Regiment succeeded in holding Kragujevac until the 22.10.1944, and by doing so they bought enough time for all the important materiel to be transported to Kraljevo.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück, 1998.
- Vortragsnotiz, Ag P1 Chefgruppe, 2 Februar 1945.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002