The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- June 12th, 1917
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberleutnant (1st Lieutenant)
- Chef 3. / Sturmgeschütz-Brigade "Großdeutschland"
- Awarded on:
- June 9th, 1944
During the Soviet breakthrough in March 1944, Sturm and his unit defended a strategic height designated as Hill 154. After destroying 9 T-34s, his unit counter-attacked and after house-to-house fighting managed to secure the town of Parliti Sat.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher
- Photo: Willi Schumacher collection
- - Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945
- Russ Nummer's auction