The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Anderson, Gordon Doak
- Date of birth:
- January 22nd, 1923 (Saint Vital-Winnipeg/Manitoba, Canada)
- Date of death:
- November 27th, 2006
- Canadian (1931-present, Republic)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Warrant Officer 1st Class (now Pilot Officer)
- No.10 (Bomber Reconnaissance) Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force (No.10 (Bomber Reconnaissance) Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force)
- Awarded on:
- January 1st, 1945
"On the 10th of May 1945, several hundred miles out over the North Atlantic, Warrant Officer Anderson, as navigator of a long range operational aircraft, displayed great skill in pin-pointing the position of a surrendered U-Boat, directing the naval forces to the exact position and enabling them to effect its capture. Throughout this navigator's tour of operational flying he has displayed courage and skill of the same high standard."
Award presented 9 July 1949.