The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Arbuckle, William Morton
- Date of birth:
- 1915 (Montreal/Québec, Canada)
- Canadian (1931-present, Republic)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Flying Officer
- 216 Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force (216 Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force)
- Awarded on:
- September 29th, 1944
"Flying Officer Arbuckle has always maintained a consistently high standard of navigation during his service with this squadron. He has participated in operations in India, the Western Desert and over the eastern Mediterranean. In September 1942 he successfully located casualties after a flight of 600 miles over featureless desert and by his excellent navigation made their evacuation possible. He has also taken part in supply dropping sorties on Cos and Saos and in the Imphal campaign has flown as navigator both by day and night over difficult country and in adverse weather. At all times his keenness and devotion to duty have been exemplary."
- - Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36544 published on the 2 June 1944
- Fourth Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36723 published on the 26 September 1944
- Air Force Association of Canada