The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Armstrong, Frederick Finlay
- Date of birth:
- 1918 (Collingwood/Ontario, Canada)
- Date of death:
- November 4th, 1997 (Owen Sound/Ontario, Canada)
- Canadian (1931-present, Republic)
?: No. 76 Squadron, RAF;
?: 13th Medical Company;
?: 19th Field Ambulance.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Flight Lieutenant
- No. 76 Squadron, Royal Air Force (No. 76 Squadron, Royal Air Force)
- Awarded on:
- July 17th, 1945
"Flight Lieutenant Armstrong as captain of a heavy bomber has completed 39 operations against Germany and enemy occupied territory. He has attacked such heavily defended targets as Magdeburg, Essen, Duisburg and Hanover, and has at all times shown determination and resource. His skill and courage has won great praise and his example has greatly inspired his crew."