The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Armstrong, William Albert
- Date of birth:
- 1916 (Kinburn/Ontario, Canada)
- Date of death:
- December 25th, 1992 (Beloit/Wisconsin, United States)
- Canadian (1931-present, Republic)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Flight Lieutenant
- No. 407 Squadron, Royal Air Force (No. 407 Squadron, Royal Air Force)
- Awarded on:
- September 10th, 1943
"This officer has been engaged almost continuously on operations since January 1942. He has participated in many low level attacks against enemy shipping and his crew has been responsible for sinking two merchant ships. Flight Lieutenant Armstrong has also been employed as navigator on anti-submarine patrols. As squadron bombing leader, his work has been largely responsible for the high efficiency of his own and other crews in the squadron."