Raymond Frankish Escreet was born on June 3rd, 1922 as the son to Frankish Henry and Janet Escreet.
He was killed on March 21st, 1945 as Wireless Operator with the rank of Flight Lieutenant in Lockheed Hudson, FK803 "MA-N", 161 Squadron, that crashed near Maulusmühle during SOE Operatie Benedict to Germany.
The Pilot of the aircraft, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, managed to escape by parachute. The other crew members and three Belgian Secret Agents were killed. The total crew excisted of:
- Pilot, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, 127041 RAFVR;
- Wireless Operator, Flying Officer Raymond Frankish Escreet, 143469 RAFVR, KIA;
- Navigator, Flying Officer Henry Scurr Johnson, 168807 RAFVR, KIA;
- Air Gunner, Flying Officer Forrest Harold Thompson, 412766 RNZAF, KIA;
- Guy José Florent Corbisier, KIA;
- Léon Ghislain de Winter, KIA;
- Jean-Jacques Morel, KIA.
March 15th, 1943: Pilot Officer on probation (emergency);
September 15th, 1943: Flying Officer on probation (war subs.);
March 15th, 1945: Flight Lieutenant (war subs.).
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!