Léon Ghislain de Winter was born on April 6th, 1921.
He was killed on March 21st, 1945 as SOE Agent aboard the Lockheed Hudson, FK803 "MA-N", 161 Squadron, that crashed near Maulusmühle during SOE Operation Benedict to Germany.
The Pilot of the aurcraft, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, managed to escape with his parachute. All other crew members and three Belgian SOE Agents were killed. The total crew consisted of:
- Pilot, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, 127041 RAFVR;
- Wireless Operator, Flying Officer Raymond Frankish Escreet, 143469 RAFVR, KIA;
- Navigator, Flying Officer Henry Scurr Johnson, 168807 RAFVR, KIA;
- Air Gunner, Flying Officer Forrest Harold Thompson, 412766 RNZAF, KIA;
- Guy José Florent Corbisier, KIA;
- Léon Ghislain de Winter, KIA;
- Jean-Jacques Morel, KIA.
June 2nd 1944: Adjudant ARA;
March 20th, 1945: Lieutenant.
De Coninck, Leader and Polka.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!