The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Aspey, Harold Edward
- Date of birth:
- March 1916 (Hampshire, Great Britain)
- Date of death:
- February 27th, 1942
- Buried on:
- Commonwealth War Graves London Road Cemetery
Plot: M. Grave: 349.
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
Harold Edward Aspey was the son to Archibald Aspey and Gertrude Aspey and was marreid to Beryl May Aspey.
Harold Aspey was Observer aboard the Handley Page Hampden Mk I, L 41788 when the plane, returning from a bomb attack on Kiel, towards the base North Luffenham, ran out of fuel ans crashed at Hexthorpe-Doncaster, Yorkshire.
December 20th, 1940: Pilot Officer on probation (seniority December 11th, 1940);
August 11th, 1941: Flying Officer (war subs.);
December 20th, 1941: Flying Officer.
DEcember 20th, 1940: Royal Air Force;
?: Observer No. 144 Squadron.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- - The London Gazette of 14th January 1941, Issue 35042
- The London Gazette of 7th October 1941, Issue 35301
- The London Gazette of 12th March 1942, Issue 35483
- Air Force list (1931), Great Britain. Ministry of Defence, Volume May 1941, London : His Majesty's Stationery Office
- Commonwealth Wargraves Commission
- Unit Histories