- Date of birth:
- February 17th, 1895 (Kleinleinungen/Saxony, Germany)
- Date of death:
- August 17th, 1983 (Braunschweig/Lowersaxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
November 6th, 1915: Leutnant der Reserve;
March 22nd, 1916: Leutnant;
February 1st, 1930: Hauptmann (RDA -9);
August 1st, 1935: Oberstleutnant;
September 1st, 1940: Oberst;
March 1st, 1944: Generalmajor;
March 1st, 1945: Generalleutnant.
October 15th, 1935: Kommandeur I. / Infanterie-Regiment 67;
February 1st, 1940: Kommandeur II. / Infanterie-Regiment 68;
March 1st, 1940: Kommandeur Infanterie-Regiment 309;
February 1st, 1941: Kommandeur Infanterie-Regiment 9;
June 1st, 1943: Lehrgangskommandeur genesende Offiziere, Wehrkreis III;
January 15th, 1944: Kommandeur Fahnenjunkerschule IX, Hagenau/Elsass;
September 13th, 1944: Kommandeur Fahnenjunkerschule IX, Randers/Dänemark;
January 1945: Kommandeur Verteidigungsbereich Warthe;
January 25th, 1945: Kommandeur Festung Küstrin;
February 7th, 1945: Kommandeur Divisionsstab Raegener;
March 13th, 1945: Kommandeur Verteidigungsbereich Magdeburg;
May 1st, 1945: Kommandierender General Korpsgruppe Raegener;
May 8th, 1945: American POW.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberstleutnant (Lieutenant-colonel)
- Kommandeur, Infanterie-Regiment 309, 208. Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- June 25th, 1940
Oberstleutnant Raegener’s unstoppable attacking spirit, embodied in his Regiment, played a major contribution to the swift capture of the city and fort of Antwerp and subsequent relentless pursuit of Belgian forces. In recognition of this fact he would receive the Knight’s Cross.
Awarded for his untiring devotion to duty during the defense of Magdeburg in early 1945. Despite having suffered very severe wounds earlier in the war (one leg amputated and the other badly mutilated) he nonetheless was able to ensure that countless refugees were able to escape over the Elbe river to the comparative safety of Western allied captivity.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1998.