The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Barber, Maurice Clinton Hinton
- Date of birth:
- August 8th, 1912 (Cape Province, South Africa)
- South African
Maurice Barber was a pilot with the South Rhodesian Air Force, before being attachte to the Royal Air Force and served in North Africa. He achieved a total of three victories.
March 21st, 1940: Flying Officer on probation (seniority October 30th, 1939);
March 21st, 1941: Flying Officer;
October 21st, 1941: Flight Lieutenant (seniority July 1st, 1941);
?: Acting Squadron Leader;
January 1st, 1943: temporary Squadron Leader;
June 6th, 1945: Squadron Leader (war subs.).
?: Southern Rhodesian Air Force;
March 21st, 1940: Flying Officer Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserves;
August 16th, 1946: Southern Rhodesian Air Force.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Acting Squadron Leader
- No. 450 (RAAF) Squadron, Royal Air Force
- Awarded on:
- February 23rd, 1943
"During operations in the Western Desert this officer displayed great skill and unflagging devotion to duty. As flight and squadron commander his steady judgment and high morale proved a tower of strength. In 1 flight during the battle of El Alamein, Squadron Leader Barber destroyed 3 Junkers 87's. His example has been worthy of high praise."
- Photo 1: Wilco Vermeer
- Photo: Wilco Vermeer
- - The London Gazette of 3rd September 1940, Issue 34937
- The London Gazette of 16th May 1941, Issue 35165
- The London Gazette of 19th September 1941, Issue 35279
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette of 4th August 1942, Issue 35658, dated 7th August 1942
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette of 5th January 1943, Issue 35855, dated 8th January 1943
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette of 19th February 1943, Issue 35914, dated 23rd February 1943
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette of 7th May 1943, Issue 36009, dated 11th May 1943
- Fourth Supplement to The London Gazette of 25th September 1945, Issue 37286, dated 28th September 1945
- Supplement to The London Gazette of 6th September 1946, Issue 37716, dated 10th September 1946