This person probably crossed the Spanish Pyrenees in May 1943 to get to England. His name appears in the book "Huyendo del Holocausto, Judíos evadidos del nazismo a través del Pirineo de Lleida" (Josep Calvet). Arrival in the town sort: 4/5/1943. Get back on 5/5/1943. He may have stayed overnight in the cell and was then transferred to the balnearium of Rocallaura.
He was killed on March 21st, 1945 as SOE Agent aboard the Lockheed Hudson, FK803 "MA-N", 161 Squadron, that crashed near Maulusmühle during SOE Operation Benedict to Germany.
The Pilot of the aircraft, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, managed to escape with his parachute. All other crew members and three Belgian SOE Agents were killed. The total crew consisted of:
- Pilot, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, 127041 RAFVR;
- Wireless Operator, Flying Officer Raymond Frankish Escreet, 143469 RAFVR, KIA;
- Navigator, Flying Officer Henry Scurr Johnson, 168807 RAFVR, KIA;
- Air Gunner, Flying Officer Forrest Harold Thompson, 412766 RNZAF, KIA;
- Guy José Florent Corbisier, KIA;
- Léon Ghislain de Winter, KIA;
- Jean-Jacques Morel, KIA.
July 6th, 1944: Adjudant ARA;
March 20th, 1945: Lieutenant.
Benedict, Cavillot, Mathilde, Mardian and Stanislas.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!