The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Matrosenobergefreiter (Able-bodied Seaman)
- Kampfschwimmer, Marineeinsatzkommando 60, Kommando der Kleinkampfverbände, Heer
- Awarded on:
- October 3rd, 1944
Jäger received the DKiG for his part in the action against the Nijmegen bridges on September 29th 1944. During this action, 12 men, in three groups of four, were ordered to blow up the bridges. The frogmen managed to destroy one and damage the other bridge. As far as known, three of them were killed and seven captured. Only two (Jäger and Heinz Bretschneider) managed to escape.
Awarding through Wehrmacht lines. This award is not mentioned in Patzwall / Scherzer.
Awarding through Kriegsmarine lines.
This second award has been found through research of the personnel files. Not clear is wether the second paper awarding also was followed by a second presentation.
- - PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Dörr, Manfred. Internationales Militaria-Magazin Nr. 112. Heinz Nickel Verlag, Zweibrücken, Germany, April-Mai 2004
- Dörr M., Einer von Dreiunddreissig, Internationales Militaria Magazine Nr 124, september-oktober 2006, Heinz Nickel Buchbetrieb, Zweibrücken
- Ehrentafel der Deutschen Kriegsmarine dd 18-11-1944
- Scherzers Militaer Verlag>