- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberstleutnant (Lieutenant-colonel)
- Kommandeur Grenadier-Regiment 172
- Awarded on:
- June 9th, 1944
The Knight's Cross recommendation of Oberleutnant Siggel lists 13 actions that led to his award of the Knight's Cross...
1) 07.02.1943 near Golowischka. During the retreat from Voronezh to Ssumy he led a counterattack with his troops while serving as a rearguard.
2) August 1943 as the leader of the Grenadier-Regiment 169, west of Belgorod.
3) As commander of an alarm unit on the railway embankment Nish-Syrowatka.
4) During the retreat battles east of Kiev in September 1943.
5) In the defensive battle north of Kiev, where as commander of the Grenadier-Regiment 245 he successfully led a breakthrough and crossing over the Irpen on 03.11.1943.
6) An action during the retreat from Kiev to Zhitomir on 09.11.1943, near Gruskoje.
7) An attack on the Bystrejewka stream north of Gliniza on 05.12.1943. During this attack he rode on horseback from the right to the left attacking battalion under heavy enemy fire.
8) During the fighting at Radomyschl on 08.12.1943.
9) During the defense of Zhitomir, along the northern perimeter of the city where he fought with rifle in hand.
10) On the night of 4-5.01.1944 near Bolschije Korowinzy.
11) The defense of Dubrowka.
12) During an attack on 13.03.1944, which took place on the east bank of the Bug with the objective of the heights east of Gubnik.
13) Leading a counterattack with his regiment south of Slone on 13.04.1944.