Steinwachs, Heinrich "Heinz"
- Date of birth:
- October 5th, 1897 (Neuss/Rhineprovince, Germany)
- Date of death:
- January 6th, 1972 (South Africa)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Heinrich Steinwachs reached the rank of Oberst.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberstleutnant z.V.
- Kommandeur Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 116
- Awarded on:
- April 15th, 1944
Awarded the Knight's Cross for his role in the fighting around Brody in early 1944. In late January of that year he took over temporary command of a Kampfgruppe with the aim of preventing an important bridge from falling into enemy hands (the capture of which would have resulted in the bulk of the division being cut off). He proved himself an able combat commander during this time and was recognized appropriately.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Ritterkreuz Archiv II/2009, Veit Scherzer, Ranis, Juni 2009, ISSN 1866-4709
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945