- Date of birth:
- October 5th, 1888 (Schmarsow/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- August 11th, 1947 (Hameln/Lower-Saxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
April 1st, 1940: Generalmajor;
April 1st, 1942: Generalleutnant.
October 15th, 1935 - June 4th, 1940: Kommandeur Infanterie-Regiment 51;
June 5th, 1940: Führer 32. Infanterie-Division;
October 1st, 1940 - January 20th, 1942: Kommandeur 32. Infanterie-Division;
May 1st, 1942: Inspekteur der Infanterie OKH / BdE;
January 25th, 1945: Führerreserve;
March 5th, 1945 - May 7th, 1945: Inspekteur W.E.I. Hannover;
May 8th, 1945 - August 11th, 1947: POW.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Generalmajor (Brigadier)
- Kommandeur, 32. Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- October 13th, 1941
The following wartime excerpt describes why Bohnstedt was awarded the Knight’s Cross…
“At the end of July 1941 Generalmajor Bohnstedt received the mission to advance along the Loknja—Cholm road, thrust through the swampy area west of Cholm and then capture the city itself. The enemy defended along the road with great toughness. Generalmajor Bohnstedt thus decided to shift the main effort of his Division to the eastern bank of the Lowat, and later to the eastern bank of the Kunja. He eventually brought about the city’s fall on the 02.08.1941 as a result of these energetically prosecuted decisions.”
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück, 1992.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002