The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- March 14th, 1897 (Glogau/Silesia, Germany)
- Date of death:
- June 18th, 1970 (Wiesbaden/Hesse, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst (Colonel)
- Kommandeur, Grenadier-Regiment 428, 129. Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- October 16th, 1944
Awarded for his actions near Kleickowo in the late summer of 1944. Located near the lower Narew river, here he and his Regiment particularly distinguished itself in both offense and defense. Their actions played a major role in the Division being mentioned in a Wehrmachtbericht supplement of the 12.09.1944.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück, 2000.