The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Casbolt, Charles Edward "Cas"
- Date of birth:
- 1914 (Southend)
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
Charles Edward Casbolt achieved a total of 13 air victories during the Second World War, among which were 5 in biplanes.
?: Temporary Warrant Officer;
December 21st, 1941: Pilot Officer on probation (emergency);
October 1st, 1942: Flying Officer on probation (war subs.);
December 21st, 1943: Flight Lieutenant (war subs.; seniority January 1st, 1943);
July 19th, 1948: Flight Lieutenant (seniority June 21st, 1946).
?: Shop Assistant;
1931: Fitter, Royal Air Force;
1938: No. 80 Squadron;
September 1941: Instructor No. 71 Operational Training Unit;
April 3rd, 1942: No. 250 Squadron;
May 5th, 1952: Aircraft Control Branch;
September 21st, 1970: Retirement.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo 1: Imperial War Museum CM-3144
- Photo: Imperial War Museum CM-3144
- - The London Gazette of 22nd August 1941, Issue35254
- The London Gazette of 17th Februari 1942, Issue 35460
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette of 18th May 1943, Issue 36022, dated 21st May 1943
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette of 21st December 1943, Issue 36299, dated 24th December 1943
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette of 30th January 1948, Issue 38194, dated 3rd February 1948
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette of 16th July 1948, Issue 38356, dated 20th July 1948
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette of 11th January 1952, Issue 39440, dated 15th January 1952
- Supplement to The London Gazette of 2nd October 1970, Issue 45205, dated 6th October 1970