Henry Scurr Johnson was born on May 3rd, 1913 as the son to Waldo Henry A. and Henrietta Johnson.
He was killed on March 21st, 1945 as Navigator with the rank of Flying Officer in Lockheed Hudson, FK803 "MA-N", 161 Squadron, that crashed near Maulusmühle during SOE Operatie Benedict to Germany.
The Pilot of the aircraft, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, managed to escape by parachute. The other crew members and three Belgian Secret Agents were killed. The total crew excisted of:
- Pilot, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, 127041 RAFVR;
- Wireless Operator, Flying Officer Raymond Frankish Escreet, 143469 RAFVR, KIA;
- Navigator, Flying Officer Henry Scurr Johnson, 168807 RAFVR, KIA;
- Air Gunner, Flying Officer Forrest Harold Thompson, 412766 RNZAF, KIA;
- Guy José Florent Corbisier, KIA;
- Léon Ghislain de Winter, KIA;
- Jean-Jacques Morel, KIA.
?: Flight Sergeant;
November 12th, 1943: Pilot Officer on probation (emergency);
May 12th, 1944: Pilot Officer;
May 12th, 1944: Flying Officer (war subs.).
?: Observer Training, RAF West Freugh;
?: No. 199 Squadron;
?: No 24 Operational Training Unit;
?: No. 26 Operational Training Unit;
?: No. 161 Squadron.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!