The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force is the oldest and largest air museum in the world. It contains over 1,500 aircraft, of which 200 are on display in the museum of at the Wright Field a mile further on. Many aircraft are unique or have a great history. There are also many other artefacts on display.
From the Second World War are on display amongst others:
* Douglas A-20G Havoc
* Douglas A-24B Banshee
* North American A-36A Apache
* Boeing B-17G-35BO 42-32076 "Shoo Shoo Baby "
* Douglas B-18 Bolo
* Consolidated B-24D-160CO "Strawberry Bitch" 42-72843
* Martin B-26G Marauder
* Boeing B-29 Superfortress "Bockscar" - Aircraft used in atomic bombing on Nagasaki
* Consolidated OA-10 Catalina
* Seversky P-35
* Curtiss P-36A Hawk
* Lockheed P-38L Lightning
* Bell P-39Q Airacobra
* Curtiss Hawk 87A-3 (P-40E) AK987 - (Flying Tigers markings)
* Republic P-47D-15RA "Fiery Ginger" 42-23278 (razorback)
* Republic P-47D-40RA "Five by Five" 45-49167 (bubble-top)
* North American P-51D Mustang
* Northrop P-61C Black Widow
* Bell P-63E Kingcobra
* Fisher P-75A Eagle
* Noorduyn UC-64A Norseman (Canada)
* Bristol Beaufighter Mk Ic (Great Britain)
* De Havilland DH 82A Tiger Moth (Great Britain)
* De Havilland DH 98 Mosquito Mk 35 (Great Britain)
* Hawker Hurricane Mk IIa (Great Britain)
* Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vc (Great Britain)
* Supermarine Spitfire Mk PRXI (Great Britain)
* Mitsubishi A6M2 "Zeke" (Japan)
* Yokosuka Ohka Trainer (Japan)
* Fieseler Fi 156C-1 Storch (Germany)
* Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 (Germany)
* Junkers Ju-88D-1 (Germany)
* Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 610824 (Germany)
* Messerschmitt Me 163B Komet (Germany)
* Messerschmitt Me 262A Schwalbe (Germany)
* Fieseler Fi 103 (V-1) (Germany)
* V-2 with Meillerwagen (Germany)
* Macchi MC.200 Saetta (Italy)
Besides the museum-website there is also a very nice virtual tour.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
Do you have more information about this location? Inform us!
Helaas geen map gevonden.