On a journey of discovery to historical sites? Download the TracesOfWar app directly on Google Play or the Apple App Store.

Headquarters German Army (OKH) "Anna"

This gigantic bunker complex was built in the period 1940-1944 to 'house' about 40 army generals, one field marshall and 1,500 soldiers. There were in total 240 buildings constructed here, of which 30 of reinforced concrete. An eye catcher is the huge supreme army headquarters bunker. It's walls and roof are 7 meter thick and on top of it stood an AA-gun position. The complex was abandoned in January 1945 by the German army without putting up a fight, leaving behind the complex completely intact.

Adolf Hitler visited "Anna" 7 times between 1941 and 1942.

The complex today:
The former OKH headquarters is currently one big open-air museum.

For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.

Do you have more information about this location? Inform us!


Related books

Het Derde Rijk Deel 1
De Berghof

54.185376, 21.647995

Read more (1)