This museum is dedicated to the history of the Texas Military Force from 1823 to today. The following permanent exhibits are WW2-related:
- The Lost Battalion Gallery tells us the story of the 2nd Battalion of the 131st Field Artillery that was captured by the Japanese forces after the fall of Java.
- The World War II 'Pacific Theater' Gallery is focused on the 112th Cavalry Regiment and the 124th Cavalry regiment that fought the Japanese in Southeast Asia, during the Second World War.
- The Air Guard Gallery tells the story of the Texas Air National Guard during WW2.
- The 36th Infantry Division Gallery covers the story of the 36th Infantry Division during WW1 and WW2.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
Do you have more information about this location? Inform us!
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: texasmilitaryforcesmuseum