Matuschka, Graf von, Hartmut
- Date of birth:
- December 29th, 1914 (Dresden/Saxony, Germany)
- Date of death:
- January 16th, 1945 (North Channel between England and Ireland)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Hartmut Graf von Matuschka Freiherr von Toppolczan und Spaetgen, was killed in action as Kapitänleutnant and U-Boot kommandant when his submarine U-482 was sunk with loss of all hands on January 16th 1945 in the North Channel between England and Ireland. Under his command a total of four ships were sunk with a total of 31.611 GRT and one warship with 1.010 tons.
He was promoted to Kapitänleutnant on 1st April 1942.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo: Ernst S. von Heydebrand
- - PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Ulrich von Heydebrand und der Lasa, Chronik des Geschlechtes von Heydebrand und der Lasa , Limburg 1964
- U 482