The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Heinz Bauermann was supposed to have been awarded the "Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes" on May 4th, 1945 as Kommandeur, Heeres-Sturmartillerie-Brigade 300 with the rank of Hauptmann. This was to have been an awarding by Feldmarschall Ferdinand Schörner in compliance with the empowerment for autonomous presentations dated 3 May 1945. Up till now however, no definitive proof has been given he was formally awarded the decoration. No evidence can be found in the Bundesarchiv.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Die Sturmgeschütz Abteilungen 1940 - 45