- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Hauptmann der Reserve (Captain of Reserves)
- Kommandeur I. / Panzer-Regiment 35 / 4.Panzer-Division / LVL.Panzer-Korps / 2.Armee / Heeresgruppe Mitte
- Awarded on:
- April 21st, 1944
Awarded the Knight's Cross for the following actions...
1) The large numbers of tanks destroyed by his battalion in the latter half of 1943. This included totals of...
- 19 tanks on 01.08.
- 26 tanks on 02.08.
- 13 tanks on 28.08.
- 22 tanks on 19.11.
2) His battalion's successes in the defensive battles on the Desna, the Dnieper and the Ssosh rivers.
3) Further distinguished service of his troops during Operation Nikolaus (the closure of the gap between 2. and 9. Armee's on 21.12.1943) and in the defensive battle at Kalinkovitschi (08.-29.01.1944).