- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Generalleutnant (Major-general)
- Commander 101. Jäger Division
- Awarded on:
- August 7th, 1943
Awarded for the successful leadership of his division during the battles in the Kuban, and in particular for the following actions...
1) Opening up the basin of Kurinskij on the road to Tuapse (03.10.1942).
2) Personally leading the III./Grenadier-Regiment 419 during its counterattack against Soviet forces that had broken into the southern corner of Kulturnyj, and their subsequent destruction (09.02.1943).
3) Crushing the Soviet bridgehead east of Ssakataj (night of 29./30.04.1943).
4) The annihilation of the Soviets who had broken into the Adagut position at Kesslerovo (01.05.1943).
5) Recapturing the keystone of the division's sector of defense, Hill 121.4, and successfully holding it against strong enemy forces supported by tanks and aircraft (26.05.1943).