Bauer, Gerhard ( Schlachtgeschwader 77)
- Date of birth:
- August 26th, 1916 (Jena/Thüringia, Germany)
- Date of death:
- April 17th, 1945 (Kukau/Saxony, Germany)
- Buried on:
- German War Graves Kamenz
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Gerhard Bauer was killed in action near Kukau on April 17th, 1945. At that moment he was Staffelführer with the rank of Leutnant.
17.04.1945: Lt. Gerhard Bauer, Oblt. August Lambert, and another pilot were taking off from Kamenz for a mission to the front when the American fighters appeared. The FW 190s had jettisoned their bombs (as Walter Strauch observed), and tried to escape. Bauer's FW 190 F-9 'Black 1 + ' was quickly shot down north of Kuckau, about eight kilometres east-south-east of Kamenz.
Channel pilot credited with about 650 missions.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo: Bauer
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- OBERMAIER, ERNST, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe, Verlag Dieter Hoffmann, Mainz, 1976.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V.
- Schlachtgeschwader 77 Massacre at Kamenz, 17 April 1945