- Date of birth:
- February 20th, 1910 (Jüterborg/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- May 17th, 2009 (Dreieich/Hesse, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Adolf Dickfeld achieved 137 victories in 1098 operationele sorties of which were 115 at the Eastern Front, five in Tunesia with II. / Jagdgeschwader 11 and twelve four engined bombers during the air war over Germany.
After his graduation he joined the airforce and was trained as fighter pilot. When war started he served with Jagdgeschwader 2. After the campaign in France he was incorporated in the Stab III. / Jagdgeschwader 52. He shot down his first enemy in July 1941. By the end of 1941 he had already shot down 37 enemies. In the autumn of 1942 het was tranferred to Stab II. / Jagdgeschwader 2 which flew in Tunesia. From 18th January 1943 he commanded II. / Jagdgeschwader 2 and was given the command of II. / Jagdgeschwader 11 on 17th April 1943 flying in Germany.
In December 1943 he was placed in the Reichs Luftfahrt Ministerium and became General Nachwuchs der Luftwaffe and Reichsinspekteur der Flieger-HJ.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Leutnant der Reserve (2nd Lieutenant of Reserves)
- Awarded on:
- December 15th, 1941
- Photo 1: Wilco Vermeer
- Photo: Wilco Vermeer collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001
- Die Traditionsgemeinschaft des Jagdgeschwader 52
- Ritterkreuz Archiv II/2009, Veit Scherzer, Ranis, Juni 2009, ISSN 1866-4709