- Date of birth:
- October 12th, 1899 (Nurnberg/Mittelfranken, Germany)
- Date of death:
- January 25th, 1966 (Nurnberg/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
11th October 1917: Gefreiter;
15th March 1918: Unteroffizier;
13th June 1918: Fähnrich;
18th October 1918: Leutnant (Patent 18th October 1918);
1st July 1922: Leutnant (RDA 1st April 1918 (5));
31st July 1925: Oberleutnant (-490- Wirkung 1st April 1925, RDA 1st April 1925 (673));
1st June 1933: Hauptmann (-1250- Wirkung 1st June 1933, RDA 1st June 1933 (28));
2nd October 1936: Major (-500- Wirkung 1st October 1936, RDA 1st Ocotber 1936(129));
20th March 1939: Major (-461- RDA 1st March 1936(79a));
1st June 1936: Oberstleutnant im Generalstab (-2600- Wirkung 1st June 1939, RDA 1st June 1939(16));
18th January 1942: Oberst im Generalstab (Wirkung 1st February 1942, RDA 1st February 1942 (200));
20th October 1944: Generalmajor (-1602- Wirkung 1st October 1944, RDA 1st October 1944 (23));
17th April 1945: Generalleutnant (Wirkung 1st April 1945).
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst (Colonel)
- Kommandeur Grenadier-Regiment 320 / 212.Infanterie-Division
- Awarded on:
- July 27th, 1944
During the fighting for Vitebsk in July 1944 Oberst Blaurock achieved a great tactical success near Parjonew (in the Lepel area). He was awarded the Knight’s Cross for this action.
At the end of January/start of February 1945 Generalmajor Blaurock led a Korpsgruppe consisting of the 56., 1. and 549. Divisionen. During this time he secured the rear of 4. Armee as it undertook a breakthrough attempt towards the west in the direction of Elbing. He would be awarded the Oakleaves in recognition of his success in this capacity.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1997.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Patzwall K., Scherzer V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Geschichte und Inhaber Band II, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001, ISBN 3-931533-45-X