The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Bodenhausen, Freiherr von, Erpo
- Date of birth:
- April 12th, 1897 (Schloß Arnstein/Kurhesse, Germany)
- Date of death:
- May 9th, 1945 (Grobin, Latvia)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
In service from October 2nd 1914.
Erpo Freiherr von Bodenhausen comitted suicide in Grobin on 9th May 1945. At that moment he was in command of the L.Armeekorps with the rank of Generalmajor.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Generalmajor (Brigadier)
- Kommandeur 12.Panzer-Division / 2.Armee / Heeresgruppe Mitte
- Awarded on:
- December 15th, 1943
On the 24.11.1943 the Germans were forced to construct a new defensive front on both sides of the Ipa river. Generalmajor Bodenhausen would especially distinguish himself with his Division in the winter fighting that followed within the Kalinkowitschi area, and for this he was later awarded the Knight’s Cross.
Submitted on December 11th 1943.
Preliminay document and decoration on December 17th 1943 to Standortältester Cottbus.
- - FEDERL, CH., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Panzerdivisionen 1939-1945, VDM Heinz Nickel, Zweibrücken, 2000.
- FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 2004.
- Ritterkreuz Archiv IV/2010, Veit Scherzer, Ranis, September 2010, ISSN 1866-4709