The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- December 3rd, 1915 (Freital, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 12th, 1945 (Lebus, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Hauptmann (Flight Lieutenant)
- 9./Sturzkampfgeschwader 77
- Awarded on:
- November 16th, 1942
Awarded after flying over 500 ground attack sorties. In this time he achieved particular success as the Staffelführer of the 9./Stukageschwader 77. Between the time he was appointed commander of the unit (15.05.1942) up until his reception of the Knight’s Cross, he and his Staffel claimed the following enemy materiel destroyed…
- 137 tanks
- 9 trains
- 19 batteries
- 6 important bridges
- 10 ships (with 43000 GRT)
- 1 flak escort ship
- 4 ferries
Awarded for further successes as a ground attack pilot, having reached a total of over 900 sorties flown.
- - OBERMAIER, ERNST, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe, Verlag Dieter Hoffmann, Mainz, 1976.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1997.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht