- Date of birth:
- December 22nd, 1919 (Bittenbrunn/Bavaria, Germany)
- Date of death:
- April 11th, 1944 (Torgau/Saxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Ludwig Leingärtner was killed on April11th, 1944 North of Torgau, while flying as a passenger in a Junkers Ju 52/3m. At that moment he had accomplished 540 operational sorties..
April 1st, 1941: Leutnant;
June 1st, 1943: Oberleutnant (RDA: March 1st, 1943).
September 1939: RAD;
October 1st, 1939: Luftwaffe;
June 1941: IV. / Lehrgeschwader 1;
March 1st, 1943: Adjutant I. / Sturzkampfgeschwader 5;
1943: Adjutant I. / Sturzkampfgeschwader 1;
June 20th, 1943: Staffelführer 2. / Sturzkampfgeschwader 1.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo 1: Ralf Schnitzler
- Photo: Ralf Schnitzler
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Luftwaffe Officer Career Summaries Section L-R