The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Lutter, Johannes "Hans"
- Date of birth:
- December 17th, 1912 (Düsseldorf/Rhineprovince, Germany)
- Date of death:
- March 13th, 2004 (Bückeburg/Lowersaxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Hans Lutter flew over 400 missions in Schnell-Kampfgeschwader 210 (later re-named Zerstörergeschwader 1) in the Me-110. He finally achieved the rank of Hauptmann during the Second World war. After the war he served with the Bundeswehr from 1st April 1956 until 31st March 1971.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Flugzeugführer II. / schnelle Kampfgeschwader 210
- Awarded on:
- October 5th, 1941
Awarded for the sum of his successes achieved over his total of 150 sorties. They included 7 aerial victories as well as 15 tanks and 30 aircraft destroyed on the ground.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - OBERMAIER, E., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe, Hoffmann, 1989.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Patzwall K., Scherzer V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Geschichte und Inhaber Band II, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001, ISBN 3-931533-45-X
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945