- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst der Reserve (Colonel of Reserves)
- Kommandeur Flak-Sturm-Regiment 4
- Awarded on:
- October 24th, 1944
Awarded for his successful leadership of Flak units throughout the war. Fighting with his batteries at the front, he distinguished himself in the following battles…
- At Ilza during the Polish campaign.
- During the winter of 1941-42 in the area of Slavyansk (near Barekhova)
- During the battle of Stalingrad, where his batteries were employed in the forward line and assisted in the capture of Orlovka and the tractor factory.
- In the battle for Normandy while serving under the III. Flak-Korps, first along both sides of the Orne and then south of Necy.