- Second World War (1939-1945)
- General der Flakartillerie (Lieutenant-General)
- Commander I. Flak-Korps
- Awarded on:
- June 24th, 1940
Weise received the Knight's Cross for the superior performance of his I. Flak-Korps during the French campaign of 1940. Attached to the Panzer group Kleist, his Korps distinguished itself through its endurance, excellent cooperation with the motorized units and the following material successes; claimed from the beginning of the campaign until the 19.07.1940...
- 372 aircraft destroyed in the air
- 252 aircraft destroyed or captured on the ground
- 47 tanks
- 30 bunkers
- 1 warship destroyed
- Numerous field positions destroyed
Two units of the Korps (II./38 and I./51) scored hits on Allied shipping in the English channel, amounting to 12 warships, 8 transports and 1 cargo ship.