Zellmann, Herbert (Stuka-Geschwader 1)
- Date of birth:
- February 11th, 1916 (Essen/Rhineprovince, Germany)
- Date of death:
- August 30th, 1943 (near Gluchow/Ukrain, Soviet Union)
- Buried on:
- German War Cemetery Kiev
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Herbert Zellmann was born in Essen on February 11th, 1916 as the son of Artur and Trauchen Zellmann.
He served as a pilot with the 3./ Stuka-Geschwader 1 (St.G.1 - Ju 87) at the Eastern Front.
Here he was killed in crash (KIC) on August 30th, 1943 when flying his Ju 87 D-3 Werknummer 110740 collided in mid-air with Ju87 D-5 Werknummer 130769 flown by Leutnant Heinrich Kaiser of 2./ St.G.1
Both are buried with their radio operators as unknown soldiers at the German War Cemetery Kiev.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo: Luftwaffe Pilot Herbert Zellmann - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
- - PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V.
- Zellmann family history