- Date of birth:
- July 22nd, 1906 (Perleberg/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- April 23rd, 1970 (Munich/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
1928 - 1934: Heeresfachschule für Verwaltung und Wirtschaft;
1938 - 1939: Kriegsakademie in Berlin;
?: Kommandeur Grenadier-Regiment 524;
1945 - 1946: Leiter Flüchtlingslagers, Helmstedt;
1953 - 1970: Mitglied Bundestag (CDU).
Received also the Großes Bundesverdienstkreuz in 1968.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst (Colonel)
- Kommandeur, Grenadier-Regiment 524, 297. Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- May 2nd, 1945
Awarded for his leadership achievements during the evacuation of Heeresgruppe E from the Balkans in late 1944. In this context he and his Regiment opened up the road through Montenegro for the 104. Jäger-Division, were significantly involved in the breakout near Sarajewo and provided the rearguard for the withdrawal movement of the XXI. Gebirgs-Armee-Korps to Croatia.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück, 1993.